Friday, September 11, 2009

Update At Sea

I have not written for a while, as I have been traveling and did not pack my laptop (to make more room for yarn and other purchases)! I'm writing this while at sea somewhere in the Atlantic aboard the Caribbean Princess. If you've been watching my Twitter feed, you'll know that I spent 3 days in New York City, and then boarded the ship for a 7 day cruise through New England and Canada. It has been an absolutely amazing and inspiring trip and I have so much to write about when I get back home tomorrow!

Here are a few previews of things to come...

I have purchased 15 skeins of beautiful yarn...so a stash enhancement update is definitely in order!

I had the opportunity to visit 3 local yarn stores...2 in New York City and 1 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I have pictures and can't wait to write about my experiences in these establishments!

I really enjoyed the Colonial architecture and am now very inspired to return home and investigate Colonial textiles and patterns that an be interpreted in my knitting. I'll be sharing some of the inspiring sights I saw while on holiday.

I have had a wonderful time and am also looking forward to my return home, back to my routine, and back to spending time with my knitterly folk about town. I'm also looking forward to sharing my photos, impressions and inspiration from my trip in the hope that you, too, may discover some inspiration for future projects or yarn purchases!

Happy Knitting!


No comments:

Post a Comment