Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tweed Scarf Complete!


With vacation and other activities limiting my knitting time, I am pleased to report that I finally completed the Donegal Tweed scarf in Harris Tweed Stitch. I spray blocked it last night and woke up to a beautifully blossomed finished object.

The texture is compelling, and for a scarf, an appropriate amount of thickness emerges. The flecks of white interspersed with the storm gray foreground creates visual interest as well. I am very pleased.

If you are interested in making a scarf like this, here is the pattern that I used. It is a compilation of a stitch pattern (Harris Tweed) I pulled from a stitch dictionary.

Yarn: 2 skeins of Donegal Tweed Homespun by Tahki Stacy Charles, Inc. (about 366 yards).

Needle: Size 9 / 5.5 mm

Cast on 32 stitches.

R1 - *K2, P2, rep from * to end
R2 - *K2, P2, rep from * to end
R3 - K
R4 - P
R5 - *K2, P2, rep from * to end
R6 - *K2, P2, rep from * to end
R7 - P
R8 - K

Repeat this pattern until you've used all of your yarn, making sure to finish on R8. I also bound off in knit pattern on Row 8 in my very last pattern repetition.

A very simple pattern that creates a beautiful finished object, if you make this particular scarf, send me a photo and your impressions. I'd love to hear from you!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian, I'm impressed - such a lovely result! Thanks for sharing the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete