Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reunited


This has been a tough week for my knitting needles. The daily attention they had grown accustomed to was almost a memory. They sat on my side table, one hinged to the early stitches of a sampler scarf in cotswold wool, one laying alone, nearby.

I was attending a conference all week with a schedule beginning early in the morning and running late into the night. By the time I got home at night, I was not able to think of doing anything but getting to bed.

But after the dust settled, and I had a little time at home once the festivities (and a U2 concert on Friday night after the conference) finished, I was able to return to my needles and my work-in-progress, and felt that familiar comfort of having needles in hand and yarn flowing over fingers.

I realized then that, as the needles missed me, I, too, missed my needles...as they sang to me, "Baby Come Back," I replied with "Reunited, and it feels so good."


No comments:

Post a Comment